May 10th - My Track Ideas

CANTERBURY - Ambulance

I chose this song because it's a band and a song that I've loved for a long time. I also discovered them before anyone else knew. There is a lot of activity in the song and different parts. When I was considering this song I could visualise very vividly a few different scenes; including running in slow motion, singing parts of the song as well as a narrative which made sense. It included the members of the band running out from trouble in order to perform a rooftop gig. Quite ambitious, but I thought I could pull it off.


Say Anything - Do Better
This song, is again, one I've always loved from a band that have entertained me for years. No-one has really heard of this band so it certainly fits the requirements. It's quite not a fast song and it's quite emotional and take a while to build up. But I had a lovely narrative of a kid growing up to be the singer. He sings and there are graphics flying around and the kid just plays with his toys, but there is a little bit of a connection.


City and Colour - What Makes A Man?
City and Colour is another artist which goes unheard of in popular music, which is unfortunate because Dallas Green is an amazing artist. This is a song that a friend and I share a love for and one that if I pick I hope not ruin with months of hearing it while editing. There is a lot of imagery when I hear this song and there is quite a lot of things I can imagine shooting in this. It's quite a slow song, with a slow feel and actually quite depressing which is something I didn't really want to do because of how cliché it is but my love for this song held true.

I believe it could be a challenge to make this video to a standard I feel it deserves. Lot's of slow shots of people walking. Panning shots of locations. Slow motion running and a single different person playing the artist, singing with the guitar. Simple ideas which would follow the conventions of a genre like this.