June 12th - My Interpretation of Visuals

As a task in our lesson we were asked to give our ideas for a video to a song called No Rest by Dry the River.
I personally found it really sad and had different ideas for shots which were very similar and followed the sad tone of the song.
I had an idea for a shot where he is on a train looking and feeling down. Two of these shots are the same except one included him singing.
Another shot was him being sad in a café and again one includes him singing into the camera.
A further shot was him waking up in a double bed with blue, cold lighting and he sings in slow motion.
the final 3 shots which are partially slow motion and are flashed to throughout the video is him walking and running in the rain.
To conclude I had an idea for a shot where he looks up a hill to the funeral of his old girlfriend and the final shot rises up above the burial.


Sad, meaningful and touching. And I said music didn't mean anything to me.


Here's the real video!